Saturday, May 2, 2009

American Idol Fan T-shirts!

Sometimes, you just get an opportunity handed to you that is a perfect fit for who you are. It doesn't happen very often, but it does happen.

Cafepress anounced today that they have entered into an exclusive partnership with the American Idol folks, and that folks like ME, cafepress shopkeepers/designers, are welcome to design official American Idol gear. How cool is that?

Well... I thought about it for about hmmm, 41.2 seconds and came to the conclusion that YES, I would be more than happy to do that. Not only do I love music, and watch the show every year (and think Adam is WAY beyond AI calibre), but we record it for the kids to watch the next day (it's on after their bed time), but sitting here designing nearly every day is what I do! It was quite simply a perfect fit. Now, I know a lot of Christians have issues with the show (and contestants, and judges, and Hollywood in general), and even I have some reservations and convictions about some of those very same things. However, we watch it and enjoy it purely for the talent aspect. We appareciate God-given talents in folks that may not always realize and give God the glory for those talents in the first place.


Idol Fan Gear


So I gave it some thought, and decided to pick MY top artists this year, and design exclusively with them in mind. I may or may not create more but for now this is what I've chiseled out of the stone, after discussing with the kids and hubby which direction to go. They are my quality control panel of experts and they've approved these designs with a hearty "yes, very cool!"

I hope folks enjoy them!


Have a fantastically wonderful day!
Carla - Resident Mad Designer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave me a comment and let me know you were here.
:-)