Friday, December 2, 2011

Introducing: Progman (and Proggirl!)

My husband is a huge (read: HUGE) progressive rock fan.  Somewhere to the tune of around 300+ cds in his ever growing collection of really amazing music by such wider known bands as Genesis, Yes, King Crimson and lesser known artists like Anekdoten, White Willow and Steven Wilson.  It's kind of funny because myself, I'm a "classic" rock girl who is sort of snobbish when it comes to bands like Fleetwood Mac, Zepplin and Pink Floyd - and pretty much anything produced in that genre between the mid 60's and mid 70's.  However, when he started really persuing his collection of prog rock, I also became a fan. Some of the bands I really like are Airbag, Greylevel and Anekdoten.

Now, to anyone who has no idea what prog is, I realize this means absolutely nothing.  To those people I say: what a shame you haven't been exposed to this amazing talent! ;-)

The reason I'm telling you all this is because hubby recently decided he needed a "prog" design.  On a mug, a t-shirt or something - he didn't really care he just wanted a progman design.  What I came up with is a bit of a departure from what prog fans might normally find on cd covers, but he loved it and so did I.  Progman (and Proggirl!) is now available on a limited number of great merch (shirts, mugs, keychains, phone cases, travel speaker and magnets - more coming soon) from zazzle and you can find it all here at Reflections zazzle.

Have a fantastically wonderful day!
Carla - Resident Mad Designer
Graphic design by Carla Rolfe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave me a comment and let me know you were here.
:-)