Tuesday, June 9, 2009

New Project Time

Over the last year or so, I've had several people ask me if I have 1 site where all my designs can be seen. One location with all the products I design for, and all the designs available on all those products. When I have had to say no, I do not have 1 central location for something like that, the response is always "why not?"

lol... rotflol... oh, I realize its a serious question. Its just that folks that don't know, don't know. What they don't realize is that since I've been doing this for many many years, I have literally thousands of designs out there. At one place alone, I have over 3,000 designs, and I design at many places. So, it would certainly be a monumentally large amount of work to compile a nice organized site, that showcases ALL my work, on all the products, in all the locations they can be found out. Yes, the word 'ginormous' certainly comes to mind, for an undertaking like that. That's the sort of thing people do, who don't have 900 kids, don't homeschool, don't have a household to run and don't sleep. Ever. There is a reason they're called geeks, you know, and you gotta love 'em because they do the ugly, dirty web-work that most of us either don't know how to do, or do know how and don't dare touch because it's so painstaking and time consuming.

However, I've been asked enough times about a site like this that it's pretty obvious folks would very much like to see one. So... the ginormous project has begun and its part of what has been taking every last second of my free time lately. Designing the layout of the site from the ground up is one part, then adding every design at every location is the next part. That should only take... hmmm... a few months? Good thing it's summer vacation!

At any rate, here's the site: carlarolfe.com. So far I only have a handful sections up, but at least its a start. I'll be working on this for a while until it's the comprehensive site folks have been asking for. You'll notice under each design, you can click the different links that direct you where you can purchase that design on a wide variety of merchandise and gifts. In many cases, there are more than one link, because different merchandise providers offer different merch, at varying prices. I'll be fine tuning and tweaking along the way, but the bare bones are in place and it's really easy to remember the name of the site! :-)

I would sure appreciate any feedback, even if you hate the site.


Have a fantastically wonderful day!
Carla - Resident Mad Designer


Find the Reflections Brand apparel and gifts at the following locations:
Cafepress Online Shirtstore • Printfection (• Christian - • Funny - • Kids - • Moms Kitchen) Skreened Zazzle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave me a comment and let me know you were here.
:-)