Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Little Blue

When I was a teenager I had a friend who's mother LeeAnn always seemed to know everything we ever did. If we were at the arcade that day, the movies, the park or the pool... it didn't matter where we went, she always seemed to know. We'd get back from wherever we were and she'd greet us and say "so, how was the (insert wherever we were) today?" We'd both just look at her, then usually each other, then laugh.

Once my friend asked her "mom, HOW do you always know where I am?" and her answer was "oh, a little blue bird told me". I didn't know at the time that motherhood comes pre-stocked with little blue birds that help us keep tabs on our kids.

Little BlueMy friend's mom passed away several years ago, and now my friend is the mother of teenagers herself. Over the years I've thought often about LeeAnn's little blue bird, and how it was she really knew whatever we did. I've raised three girls through the teen years and have four more to go, so I'm not going to let any trade secrets out of the bag. However...

If you were wondering what that little blue bird looks like, here he is. In honor of my own mom and LeeAnn, and all good mothers everywhere that dedicate their hearts to their kids. We can use all the help we can get, and we dearly appreciate all the little blue birds.


Have a fantastically wonderful day!
Carla - Resident Mad Designer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave me a comment and let me know you were here.
:-)