Saturday, March 28, 2009

Dig It - A Brand New Bag

Over the past few months I've been making the switch from regular plastic grocery bags to cloth shopping bags. I really like the idea of using natural cloth bags for shopping, but the local merchants really cheap bags have some drawbacks.

For me, the biggest drawback was the HUGE grocery store logo on the side of the bag. No matter where you buy one, they come with a big, store logo on the side.

Another standout drawback was the inconsistancy of the machine washable factor. Some bags out there for sale really cheap (with gigantic merchant logos on the side) are machine washable, while others are not. I'm a real person with real kids and a real life - our bags get dirty! I want to be able to toss them in the washer and have them come out good as new. You just don't get that option with a lot of the really cheap bags you can buy from local merchants.

Reflections Keepin it Green canvas totesSo, all this to say, I came home from shopping yesterday and sat down determined to create a lovely "Keepin It Green" image for the sides of the cloth bags I like to use to go grocery shopping, to the library, the pool, the beach, and to hold my crafts. We have so many of these bags around here, I could truly be called a bag lady and it would be legit.

They're perfect for so many things, including gift giving and the bag being part of the gift. I know, pretty clever eh? Just in case you're wondering, here's the product info for Reflections tote bags: 10 oz heavyweight natural canvas fabric, full side and bottom gusset, 22" reinforced self-fabric handles, machine washable, measures 15" x 18" x 6". While you can get grocery store bags for about a dollar just about anywhere, you really do get what you pay for when it comes to that. You get a bag with the store's logo plastered all over the side, and they all look exactly the same.

Our bags on the other hand, are $18.99, and along with the brand new Keepin it Green designs, we have a catalog of over 150 unique designs on heavy canvas totes that are roomy, practical, natural and machine washable.

So yeah, I really do like the idea of "being green" when it comes to cloth shopping bags but I also really like a variety of choices as well for the various things we put them to use for.


Have a fantastically wonderful day!
Carla - Resident Mad Designer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave me a comment and let me know you were here.
:-)